ADP member since
National agencies involved
Results obtained with ADP support include:
Survey microdata made accessible
- National Survey catalog available on CBS website (see URL above).
- All available nationally representative surveys and censuses documented, archived and disseminated.
- Capacity built and sustained within CBS to document, archive and disseminate microdata - as standard processes of every survey undertaken. About 15 staff trained on microdata management standards, tools and practice; top management sensitized.
Results: Online Survey Catalog
|URL||Agency||MicroData accessible||MicroData accessibility|
|http://www.cbs.gov.np/nad...||Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS)||YES||License access|
The above results have been achieved with the implementation of specific ADP activities. These activities were identified and prioritized for implementation at the early stages of ADP involvement. These activities have been / are implemented in accordance with the country own agenda. They involve a balance between work in-country and remote support, and they require the provision of tools, guidelines, technical and financial assistance.
Making survey microdata more accessible
- Carrying out local inventory of existing survey resources (microdatasets, reports, questionnaires, field enumerator manuals, methodological and technical reports, etc.).
- Building capacity on microdata documentation, archiving and dissemination at CBS (3 national training workshops organized).
- Facilitating the documentation of all inventoried surveys – through the provision of adequate training, software and guidelines.
- Facilitating the long term preservation of micro-datasets – through the provision of adequate hardware and guidelines.
- Establishing a national survey catalog, with a view to make existing survey metadata and microdata visible, searchable and more accessible to users.
- Launching the on-line survey catalog with a dedicated public communication event to increase Users’ awareness.
- Regularly upgrading and updating the on-line survey catalog.
On-going and future activities include:
- Building capacity in microdata anonymization at CBS.
- Designing and adopting a formal microdata dissemination policy.
- Building capacity in microdata documentation, archiving and dissemination in line ministries and lead NGOs involved in the country.
- Engaging further with data users and monitoring the use of survey microdata.